October 22, 2009

Coming full circle

We left Bar Harbor with our final destination our original point, Manchester, NH. We did take a drive through Acadia National Park before we left town. I was able to go down to one of the few 'sandy' beaches in the state. It's 'sand' is a mixture of crushed quartz and clam shells that looks like wet sawdust. In the summer when the highs are 70 degrees, the water is about 50 degrees. So, no, I did not take a dip in the bay. It was a very cold, very rainy day in Bar Harbor. Mom and I are settled into the hotel room ready for an early departure back to home sweet Nashville. I'm not sure how she got everything to fit into her suitcase because all week the backseat of the car looked like her suitcase exploded in it.

I can't imagine that Maine is anymore beautiful in the summer. I love that Maine has retained its rugged, quaint, inviting character without giving in to the commerical industry that seems to have taken over the rest of the country. I am charmed by New England and will back again...

No comments:

Post a Comment